Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The calm

It's been a pretty crazy time. I'm pretty fresh off Wellbutrin and have a new gym membership, so life seems to be stabilizing somewhat. We split the cost of a Kinect as our holiday gift to each other and I love the dance game, plus the Adventures game is great for breaking a sweat. The Garrison Titan t-shirt run should be finishing soon, the days although colder are gradually growing longer and wonderful things are on the horizon. Tickets have been purchased and deposits have been made on a 3 week trip with Robert and Tamara to Scotland and Ireland, with layovers in Amsterdam and Paris. The ciders that the 3 of us, along with other family have helped to create are on their way. The Triple Threat has been carbonated and rests in bottles. The other is clarifying in its second carboy. But the world is not yet at peace for me. I still have moments where I feel failure. A wasted degree and expensive education doomed to languish in retail, untapped, under appreciated. My desire to even create art languishes. At least I'm able to sketch every now and then. I remember in high school I fill a sketchbook in little over two months. My current sketchbook I started in spring 2007 and is far from full. I'm hoping this trip awakens something. I plan to bring my paints and sketchbooks like my Australia trip and keep a thorough journal. Did I ever share that here? No, I never even scanned them it looks like...*sigh*. oh well.

With the GT shirts nearly done, the group is moving on to the next project: COINS! Here are designs I humbly submit in hopes to get this run moving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderings and Musings said...

I can't tell you how many times I've felt that way. I even tried a second career...as a teacher, which also failed...and piled on even more student loans. I think the important thing is to keep searching for something that will make you happy. Maybe it's art, maybe it isn't. Search for a wide range of jobs that you might be interested in doing. You never know what you might really end up loving.
Also, enjoy Scotland and Ireland. I loved both places. If you're in Edinburgh, check out the Mitre on the Royal Mile, loved that pub. In Ireland, check out Gogarty's Pub in Dublin. All I seem to remember is the pubs I visited...hmmm...
Anyway, HAVE FUN! You deserve it!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Kat the Leopardess said...

You were on Wellbutrin??? Gods, poor Zebra is on that stuff too. He gets some real dark cloud days. I have been doing all sorts of things to stave off depression and most of it works. I cant imagine going on pills for it, even during that dark year and a half after Rocky broke my heart amongst a sea of other crap.

still have moments where I feel failure. A wasted degree and expensive education doomed to languish in retail, untapped, under appreciated. My desire to even create art languishes. At least I'm able to sketch every now and then. I remember in high school I fill a sketchbook in little over two months. My current sketchbook I started in spring 2007 and is far from full. I'm hoping this trip awakens something.

While its not exactly a feeling of failure for me personally, I do feel unhappy with how things planned out. Im not going to focus on that because I can only move forward. Still, this above thought process has been something that has crossed my mind many times.

So when is this trip going to happen?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home