Monday, December 13, 2010

Much needed Vacation

I'm off of work 12/10-12/16 and I've used to time to sew, draw, troop, work on GT stuff, wrap, clean, sort, organize, nap, watch musicals, color and otherwise do things to help maintain sanity. I also had my *hopefully* last therapy session.

Here are the two pieces I finished during my time. One is the colored version of the T-rex vs. octopus sketch seen earlier. It's for Justin and I'm submitting it to Teefury.com and if it gets picked, I expect you all to buy one! I used Vector in Illustrator to trace it and make it look all clean.


The other is a pic I did wayway back in October. I drew it in non repo blue pencil ON THE DRIVE UP to Leavenworth. Then I inked it and ignored it for a month or so. Then I scanned it and made it sepia and printed it on fancy toned paper. Then over the next few weeks I colored it and JUST scanned it tonight.




I have to redevelop the drive and love of doing art I once had. It's not a depression thing anymore. I've resigned myself to the fact it will never be a career for me, but that it's barely even a hobby is pretty sad. Gotta get back into it. Thankfully on the GT orums, a few more troops have asked for paintings. I need to get on that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderings and Musings said...

If T-Rex vs. Octopus gets picked, please send me a message to let me know. I so very much want that shirt.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Kat the Leopardess said...

Is that Rummy (your fursona) in the beer serving girl costume or a generic pollyanna kitty? Im hoping you will do more stuff. It seems there is much stagnation around here.

I too struggle to find room to art around. It seems I have a lack of motivation for anything at times, even stuff that I know in my heart (or at least I think thats the case) are what I am passionate about. Than with all my procrastination, I get more backlogged and further overwhelmed. So that makes me procrastinate further.

PS: Was this therapy you speak of for depression or something else?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Rummy the tuxey kitty! said...

That is indeed rummy. I've been trying to break her from the prison of my mind. I was in therapy for 3 months? More? For depression, associated with perceived failure in life. No career, no hope, no children and no hope of any of the 3. I'm just being impatient.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home