Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I humbly submit


Right now on the GT forums someone mentioned putting together goodie bags for charity at Emerald City Comic Con March 2011. I volunteered to design the patch (I'm that kinda girl). Then some mentioned using the ECCC logo and then the whole project got shot down because we'd need the legion merch officer's approval and so on. One thing our garrison doesn't have is a merchandise officer. drivers the rest of us nuts because it's taken months to get to ordering the t-shirts (also designed by me), plus we desperately need another patch and coin run since we've had so many new members join since the last one. I'd volunteer, but I'm not good at handling money (yet I'm Jewish).

Aneeways... I took the .gif of the official ECCC logo from their site (don't kill me), did a vector version of it using Illustrator (love it) and then did a vector version of the imperial cog (which is a common motif in 501st swag...duh) and reused the vector of the star destroyer I made for the shirt, slapped on some text, futzed with colors, and voila! Hopefully, we can move on this!

My neck hurts and I'm seepy....but I've improved my mood. Creativity usually does that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

That patch looks awesome. Is there a way you could contact me? I need to get a patch project done (for the RL), but don't have the graphic capability. I have a design and would like to talk to you about it...

hendeldbu@comcast.net

Thanks!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home